AFDA Cape Town
Cape Town, the Mother City, is widely recognised as one of the most beautiful places on earth. It is home to three world heritage sites: the Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, Table Mountain and Robben Island. The city’s pristine beaches and watersports havens, and the waters around the Cape Peninsula are a whale-watchers paradise.
Established in 2003, AFDA Cape Town is situated in Observatory on a 7000 square metre site in a quaint historical area just outside the CBD where Victorian architecture, industrial enterprise and trendy watering holes form a fascinating and eclectic mix.
The Cape Town film industry provides infrastructure and service excellence to international feature film and commercial productions. The glorious locations, the 15-hour long summer days, the intensity of the light, the world class facilities, the favourable exchange rate and the top-notch technical film crews all combine to make Cape Town one of the first choices for overseas productions.
10 Good Reasons to Study at AFDA Cape Town
- AFDA Cape Town is situated in one of the most beautiful cities in the world. [Voted by NY Times as the Number 7 destination to visit]
- Cape Town offers an incredible lifestyle with its beaches, mountains, nature reserves, golf courses, trails and first world infrastructure. [3 world heritage sites]
- Cape Town has a strong art, design, music and fashion scene. [Design capital of the world 2014]
- Cape Town is a preferred international destination for feature film, television series and commercial production. [Safe House, Dominion, Homeland, Judge Dredd and others]
- AFDA Cape Town graduates have contributed significantly to the growth of local feature films & commercials [Windpomp, Pad Na Jou Hart, Hollywood in my Huis]
- AFDA Cape Town has a diverse student body. Up to 20% of the student body is made up of international students.
- Excellent value for money – The South African exchange rate favors most international students.
- AFDA Cape Town has some of the top lecturers in the country and utilizes the exact curriculum and learning systems that has proved to be highly successful at its JHB campus.
- AFDA Cape Town facilities and equipment have year for year parity with Johannesburg campus.
- People create industries – Industries do not create people.