AFDA Cape Town
AFDA (The South African School of Motion Picture Medium and Live Performance) is the leading film school in SA, and a full member of CILECT, the association of the world's major film and television schools. The AFDA values are passion, self discipline, integrity, reliability and humility.
Applications are invited for the position of:
Production Course Administrative Assistant
As the Production Course Assistant, AFDA is looking for a committed and dedicated professional to manage the daily administration of Production Course (PC) and support the PC team in realizing the PC curriculum.
The position requires someone who is organized, efficient, computer literate and interacts well with people. The successful candidate will demonstrate a willingness to embrace AFDA’s unique pedagogy, which is the basis of the interdisciplinary teaching at AFDA.
Essential duties and related skills include:
- Exceptional computer literacy (Advance Excel, Internet Research, email, MS Word, Power Point, MS Projects 2010)
- Management of the online Learning and communications platform - my.afda - for the Production Course.
- Providing administrative support for the Production Course.
Requirements and Personal Attributes:
- Schedule meetings, prepare agendas and taking accurate minutes.
- Managing registers and statistics.
- Accurate record keeping and filing.
- Working with financial records and spreadsheets to keep manage a budget.
- Letter writing in email or hard copy with a good command of written English.
- Communication skills appropriate to interfacing with the general public, staff and students.
- Assist in document administration for statutory requirements.
- Collating Statistical Reports: Arranging deadline dates, updating spreadsheets, calculating averages.
- Preparing mark sheets and statistics for the Registry.
- Organizing correspondence / office filing and following up on pending matters with limited direction and reconciling.
- Helping students with queries.
- Timetable scheduling.
- Deadline priority scheduling according to the timetable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Driver’s license and own transport.
- Clerical and administrative competency for running the administrative functions of Production Course.
- Punctuality and reliability.
- Highly developed organisational skills.
- Maturity to handle a range of situations.
- A meticulous and thorough nature.
- An ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Loyalty and a high level of confidentiality.
- Honest and trustworthy – committed to high integrity of excellence.
- Culturally aware and sensitive.
- Honest and trustworthy – committed to high integrity of excellence in education.
- Respectful and open to learning and guidance.
Please send the following to Recruitmentcpt@afda.co.za
- a CV (no certificates)
- email and telephone contact details
- 3 references
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Type: Full-time fixed-term contract
Campus location: Observatory, Cape Town
Start date: March 2017
Salary: Negotiable on experience and appropriate qualification.