WHAT IS ENROLMENT?
Enrolment is the final step to complete before beginning your studies for the year at AFDA. Every student, both new and returning need to go through enrolment to ensure the documents submitted and the agreement signed is valid for the year ahead in which you will be studying at AFDA.
THERE ARE THREE WAYS IN WHICH YOU CAN CHOOSE TO ENROL:
- ONLINE from home (all documents to be electronic scanned attachments)
- See the three online steps detailed below.
- ONLINE at one of our campuses with help from our enrolment team
- Documents can be eletronic or hard copy. If hard copy, the enrolment team will help you scan these.
- MANUAL via hard-copy submission. Complete the Enrolment Agreement and all remaining forms in writing on hard copy, bring all required documents in hard copy and arrive on campus for it to be processed.
2019 ENROLMENT | DEGREES
- Monday 14 January – Saturday 02 February 2019
- Monday – Friday from 9am – 4pm
- Saturdays from 10am – 1pm
Any student permitted to enrol after the designated enrolment window will be required to pay a Late Enrolment Fee upfront upon enroling (refer to Fee Structures). For all degrees, a late enrolment fee of R1,000 will apply for enrolments submitted after 2 February 2019.
2019 ENROLMENT | HIGHER CERTIFICATES
- Monday 25 February – Thursday 7 March 2019 between 10am – 4:30pm (Weekdays only when enroling on campus)
- Term 1 for the Higher Certificates starts Monday 11 March 2019 (Late enrolment for Higher Certificate begins)
Any student permitted to enrol after the designated enrolment window will be required to pay a Late Enrolment Fee upfront upon enroling (refer to Fee Structures). For all Higher Certificates, a late enrolment fee of R1,000 will apply for enrolments submitted after 7 March 2019.
- Certified copy of ID /passport
- Certified copy of Senior Certificate, or highest equivalent academic qualification
- Digital head & shoulders photo (colour)
- Certified copy of the fee payers Identity Document
- Certified copy of proof of residency of fee payer
- Proof of payment/s
- If you are selecting payment plan B or C, a proof of income is required (payslip/ bank statement)
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT DOCUMENT CHECKLIST (in addition to the above):
- Proof of Study Visa (Certified Copy)
- Proof of SA Residence
- Medical Aid/ Insurance Cover for SA
STEP 1: ENROLMENT FORM
If you have applied, been accepted & paid registration, OR you are a current student and returning for another year of study at AFDA, you need to:
- Create an account login on the website
- Fill out the Enrolment Form & attach required documents
- Once submitted, you will receive an email confirmation
STEP 2: ENROLMENT PROCESSING
- Once you have submitted the complete enrolment form, it will go through a checking process through the AFDA Registry Department.
- Once finalised and all deliverables are in place, you will receive an email confirmation and your fees invoice with further instructions to complete Step 3.
STEP 3: STUDENT CARD & ACCESS
- Submit hard copy signed documents downloadable in previous steps.
- Collect your Student Card so that you can access the campus for classes.
Download the 2019 Calendar and Fee Structures under Key Documents HERE.